Shopping: what and where to buy in Munich
Big cities with their urbane, intercultural souls are always filled with inspiring temples to shopping. Here is a brief overview of what Munich's shops have to offer to disciples:
Our shopping tips
Souvenirs of Munich:
- Lebkuchen (German gingerbread) heart from the Oktoberfest
- Traditional costume from Lodenfrey
Theatinerstrasse, Residenzstrasse and, of course, Maximilianstrasse – the world goes shopping for the best that money can buy in a historic atmosphere.
- Maximilianstrasse and Maximilianhöfe – Munich’s most expensive shopping strip with all the top designers and brands
- Theatinerstrasse with the Fünf Höfe (Five Courtyards) shopping mall – fashion, literature, living. Urban aesthetics.
- Sendlinger Strasse from Sendlinger Tor (i.e. from hotelmüller Munich) to the centre around Marienplatz: the heart of the city is home to the major shopping streets for the ordinary man or woman about town.
City districts, main themes and trends
- The Viktualienmarkt is a hotbed of culinary treats: from Bavarian classics to exquisite specialities, Germany’s best open-air market offers everything that the heart (or stomach) could wish for.
- Schuhbeck’s spice shop
- Dallmayr: delicatessen
- Young designers and trends can be found in Haidhausen or Schwabing
- Increasing numbers of galleries are based in Maxvorstadt and Schwabing.
- Antikpalast Ostbahnhof (Eastern Station antiques palace)
- Around Gärtnerplatz there are small boutiques and trendy shops with the latest in fashion, homewares and lifestyle goods.
- Artists’ quarter of Schwabing: antiques, fashion
- Hinterhof flea markets
You can find more on the subject of shopping here:
Prüfen Sie hier die Verfügbarkeit zu Ihrem Wunschtermin und buchen Sie Ihren Aufenthalt im hotelmüller München zum garantiert besten Preis.
Book at the guaranteed BEST AVAILABLE PRICE!
On our website you can book the hotelmüller München at our guaranteed best price.
More information on our Best Price Guarantee >>
0049 89 2323860
0049 89 268624
caratbeds & caratbreakfast
Our beds are a reason to enjoy a lie in, whilst our breakfast gives you a reason to get up!
It is very important to us that our guests get a good night’s sleep. Experience our 5-star bed:
Make sure that your day gets off to a perfect start with our 5-star breakfast:
Food intolerances and travel - no problem! Lactose-free and gluten-free products are, of course, available as part of our 5-star breakfast buffet. >> more
Tips & highlights
Day Room - Hotel Room for a day
All night party in Munich? Need a nap? Check our day room offer: Check-in from 10 am, from EUR 79,- per room.