Shopping: what and where to buy in Munich
Big cities with their urbane, intercultural souls are always filled with inspiring temples to shopping. Here is a brief overview of what Munich's shops have to offer to disciples:
Our shopping tips
Souvenirs of Munich:
- Lebkuchen (German gingerbread) heart from the Oktoberfest
- Traditional costume from Lodenfrey
Theatinerstrasse, Residenzstrasse and, of course, Maximilianstrasse – the world goes shopping for the best that money can buy in a historic atmosphere.
- Maximilianstrasse and Maximilianhöfe – Munich’s most expensive shopping strip with all the top designers and brands
- Theatinerstrasse with the Fünf Höfe (Five Courtyards) shopping mall – fashion, literature, living. Urban aesthetics.
- Sendlinger Strasse from Sendlinger Tor (i.e. from hotelmüller Munich) to the centre around Marienplatz: the heart of the city is home to the major shopping streets for the ordinary man or woman about town.
City districts, main themes and trends
- The Viktualienmarkt is a hotbed of culinary treats: from Bavarian classics to exquisite specialities, Germany’s best open-air market offers everything that the heart (or stomach) could wish for.
- Schuhbeck’s spice shop
- Dallmayr: delicatessen
- Young designers and trends can be found in Haidhausen or Schwabing
- Increasing numbers of galleries are based in Maxvorstadt and Schwabing.
- Antikpalast Ostbahnhof (Eastern Station antiques palace)
- Around Gärtnerplatz there are small boutiques and trendy shops with the latest in fashion, homewares and lifestyle goods.
- Artists’ quarter of Schwabing: antiques, fashion
- Hinterhof flea markets
You can find more on the subject of shopping here:
Book at the guaranteed BEST AVAILABLE PRICE!
On our website you can book the hotelmüller München at our guaranteed best price.
More information on our Best Price Guarantee >>
0049 89 2323860
0049 89 268624
caratbeds & caratbreakfast
Our beds are a reason to enjoy a lie in, whilst our breakfast gives you a reason to get up!
It is very important to us that our guests get a good night’s sleep. Experience our 5-star bed:
Make sure that your day gets off to a perfect start with our 5-star breakfast:
Food intolerances and travel - no problem! Lactose-free and gluten-free products are, of course, available as part of our 5-star breakfast buffet. >> more
Tips & highlights
Day Room - Hotel Room for a day
All night party in Munich? Need a nap? Check our day room offer: Check-in from 9 am, check-out till 6 pm, EUR 69,- per room.
Package: Middle of Munich
Sightsseing, arthopping, nightlife or shopping - Munichs versatile facetes hit the spot for everybody. With lucent sunshine, coolish autumn rain or beyond a snow cover. Discover tha bavarian capital with our Package Middle of Munich...